Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Best Part of Me poems #resvt

Today we wrote poems about the best part of ourselves! Check it out!

Legs, legs, legs
You help me with dance
You let me jump,
jump very high.
You let me swim all I want in my river
Day and night too.
You let me sit on you too!
You are strong
and good for running too.
You help me twirl in dance
and you help me climb the playground.

Arms, arms, arms all around
They help me scratch when I need to
Paints nail polish on me
They help me put on my clothes
They can write for me
I can pick up rocks
Can feel rocks
Can touch Tavia
My arms can pick up rocks.

Heart
My heart keeps me alive.
I would not be here now without a heart.
Your heart is like your best friend, it controls you.
Your heart is where your feelings come from.
None of my body would work without a heart.
Oh, my heart.

Brain, brain, brain
I love my brain because my brain makes me smart.
My brain is helpful with math.
My brain is helpful.
My brain makes me healthy.
If I did not have my brain I will not move or breathe.
If I did not have a brain I will be dead.
Brain, brain, brain.

Eyes, eyes, eyes
Blue eyes
I see a cat
I see my family at the beach
I can cross my eyes and move my eyes
I can see in someone's eyes
I can see the road to ride my bike
Eyes, eyes, eyes

My brain helps me live
My brain helps me think
My brain helps me see
My brain helps me understand
I don't know what to do
So that's the end.

I am head
I have eyes on me and nose on me
and ears and also a mouth in the middle
Come meet brain he is smart
Eyes see, nose smell, ears hear
Mouth sing and talk.
I am head.

Oh, eyes, eyes
I can see my dog
I can see my cat
Eyes, eyes
I can see my dad, my mom
Eyes, eyes
I can see my sisters ,my brother.

The best part of me in my brain
It keeps me safe, safe, safe
My brain also keeps me alive
I can also think, think, think
I can solve problems to,
Problems solved, solved!

Oh eyes, eyes, eyes
They help me see my mom
Oh eyes, eyes, eyes
They help me see my cat, my dad, my sister, my teachers, my friends
They are blueish green
Oh eyes!

I love my mouth
My mouth helps me chew
It helps me talk
It helps me read
I love my mouth

Head has eyes
Head has ears
Head has a mouth
Head is skinny
Head is fat
Head is big
Head is small
I love my head

Before I swim I run up the stairs to change
Once I get down I walk to the block
I stand until its my turn
After that I play soccer
Then I go watch skateboarding
I can do everything with my legs!

The best part of me is my heart.
My heart connects to my body.
Helps me pass math tests.
Make blood flow through my body.
Helps my health,
helps me ride my horse
Helps me run and helps me walk
Even helps me live
Oh, think the best part of me is my heart.

Eyes, eyes all around
I can see stuff all around
eyes, eyes all around
I can see stuff on the ground
eyes, eyes all around
I can see my mom on the ground
eyes, eyes all around
I can see Hannah on the ground
Eyes, eyes all around
And I have hazel eyes all around.